Tuesday 26 April 2011

Twenty Three

       How come people mostly feel hard done by? I wish I had this or life would be better if I had that.  More, more, more! I confess I do this too. If I looked like this I would be or if I had more money than I could or if I was better at this I would be able to. If I was just better all together, maybe someone special would love me. I might be worthy of this precious gift. I always fall for the ones I will never have, as has been noted before. But honestly, what do I have to complain about?  A lot people have a very severe physical health issue. Do they have the right to complain? What is the selection criteria you must have to qualify for such a thing? What, and I’d love to hear your ideas on this, is worse, a physical or a mental illness? Are they both equal? If so why? Please comment or send me a facebook message to let me know your thoughts on this. I’m very intrigued, thank you.  Well I am knackered and in need of sleep before I go off the deep end...again. I am in deep thought about a few issues. I hope that I am still able to sleep. As I become wearier, the dark thoughts increase. How do you I make myself stay safe in bed when my mind is repeating “suicide”... well I suppose I’ve done it before so why not again. All you can do is try. Night.

2 comments:

  1. I am feeling really hard done by right now, because I wrote an essay of a reply to this and the bastard thing disappeared. I am very angry at google right now!!!

    I whinge and complain about anything and everything because I am a Pom (and of course we all have to live up to our stereotypes!!)
    I think it is a very individual thing; complaining. If the issue means something to you then you have a right to complain about it, just because someone else doesn't think it is a big deal shouldn't make it any less valid for you.
    The trick is to put it into perspective and accept it: For example if you feel hard done by because bread has crusts on it and crusts are evil, and I think it doesn't matter and who cares if it makes your hair curl and gives you chest hairs, you just have to accept that difference and move on without judgement. It is all about Validation: accepting someones feelings and emotions without judgement.

    In regards to mental illness versus physical illness, well I believe they are just as bad as each other. although in some respects what MI can make you do to yourself makes it a teensy bit worse. However depression, anxiety, bi-polar, schizophrenia, DID they are all caused by chemical imbalances in the brain, or faulty wiring. It requires treatment just like any other illness we take pills to balance the brain chemistry. We have a range of therapies to help with the faulty wiring. It is just that there is such a stigma attached to MI that most people think that we don't have a right to complain and just swallow some concrete and HTFU.
    MI and PI are both treated in similar ways, and both can have its successes and both can have its failures. At the end of the day we ARE ill and if we want to bitch and moan about it, we are justified...just pick the right people to bictch and moan to (that is the art)
    I will step down from my soap box now and remove my ranty-pants and hand them over to someone else...maybe Laura wants them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire,
    I really appreciate someone replying to this. It is a toughy because a lot of the time people will go with whatever they have. This makes it difficult to make a valid response to my question there. Also, you are always allowed, or in fact invited, to get on your soapbox whenever you choose. I'm all for peoples opinions and ideas. Hope you are staying at least reasonably well. Talk soon xx

    ReplyDelete