Wednesday 11 May 2011

Thirty Six

So I have missed two days but believe it or not I’ve been flat out and exhausted when the days over. I’ve been helping family out, as they are helping me also, and starting a new therapy group. The therapy is called DBT, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. I got the phone call Monday arvo to say there is a place to start Tuesday if I if was able. Of course becoming well is a very high priority so a big yes was my answer. Some key goals of this therapy are;
-          Reducing suicidal and self-harming behaviours
-          Reducing behaviours that interfere with the process of therapy such as not addressing problems
-          Reducing behaviours that seriously interfere with quality of life
-          Increasing specific goals to cope more effectively
-          Developing an awareness and sense of control over emotions and behaviour
-          Moving from being emotionally shut down to experiencing emotions fully
-          Building an ordinary life, solving ordinary life problems with a focus improving quality of relationships
-          Working with feelings of emptiness to develop completeness/connection    
It is a 6 month course and I am looking forward to what this could mean to my life. Could it be the changes and opportunities I need?

My mood over the past few days has been a mildly low steady flow. I was fairly anxious the night before last but I have gotten through and am managing life. This is not just my inner self fighting, it is also with the help of my family and friends – THANK YOU x
I actually feel a little better today than the past few days so whether it lasts or not I will take it while it’s here.

No comments:

Post a Comment