Wednesday 4 May 2011

Thirty One

Delving too far into things can be a tricky business; I just need to start with one thing at a time. I’m not disclosing anything I just need to get a bit of it off my chest. This, to me, is a very difficult and tender topic. I wasn’t sure how to approach it so I decided to write a short poem. 
Growing up was tough, for I did not know,
Despite your tough exterior, you loved me so.
Everyone else always seemed to come first,
For your attention and affection, I had a great thirst.
An abundance of years you were perfect to me,
When I grew up, just like you I wanted to be.
I know there are times when we had great fun,
For the rest of the time though, the damage is done.
When I needed you most, you were not there,
The burden I held was too much to bear.
I will always have trouble with my own self-worth,
But to me you’ll always be the best one on earth.
It’s amazing how much people can change or even just have a wakeup call or reality check. I had to get this out there; it’s such a big thing to me. And at times it is can be intensely raw. The next one I wrote is of the now.
Out of the darkness you came to support me in my fight,
I needed help and here you are with all of your might.
You have been a great blessing in disguise,
It’s now clear to see the truth beyond your eyes.
I fight hard every day and you don’t leave my side,
Without your devastated face in my mind, I would have died.
Our relationship has grown bigger than anything I’ve ever looked on,
It will never be taken away, torn apart or stomped on.
This is a poem I wrote to show you I care,
And that I am appreciative right down to my last hair.
There is so much more for both of the poems but for now that’s plenty. If you read this, I love you always xxxxxxxxxx

2 comments: